koko & everything else

koko & everything else

Friday, June 11, 2010

A Conversation with my 15year old Self as posted on Facebook last March 30, 2010

This morning, on my way to pick up mama... i was listening to 89.9... (yes... Good times with mo....) Mo was talking about his blog post... a conversation with his younger self...

this made me think.... if i were to talk to my 15 year old self (so that means around 10 years ago) i think the very first thing i would say is....

Wow youre so thin.... (hahaha) yes, a younger me was a bit slimmer than i am now but i guess my younger self wouldnt be that surprised to see me like this, considering my active lifestyle (or the lack of)

but serioiusly, i think the younger me would be surprised how my life is right now...

no i still dont have that island i was dreaming about way back... but i guess my younger self would be amazed how realistic i become...

unlike then, i was dreaming of the impossible ... the fairy tales... i thought life really ends happily... well i still belive in the latter... but i guess the surprising thing is... my definition of happiness...

a long time ago... if you ask me if i was happy... i would probably say NO... why? coz the idea of happiness that lingers in my mind was pure fiction.... treasure chests.... rainbows... comfortable and worry-free living... etc...

right now... i havent really have that worry free life... coz the truith is... worrying is part of life... people who doesnt get worried even a teeny bit only means they are not trying to live their lives to the best way possible. But the best doesnt exactly concludes to fame, fortune and power.

its about appreciation.

right now... for me... happiness is appreciation. i may not have the best of life.... but i appreciate what i have... use it in the best way possible and living with it... right now... i am happy .... i could be happier with a few more fries... coke float... extra change in my pocket... but then even without it i couyld say i am happy....

i guess thats what my younger self would be surprised of... my ability now to apprecoiate the little things around me.,... yes.. i still complain... A LOT (if i may add) but at the end of the day... before i go to sleep... i could say i sleep in peace knowing that even without the so-called best things in life... i still live the best out of my life.

and that for me.,.. would how this little conversation would go...

oh and just to add,,, Mo said to add where would be the place where you could have that conversation... i guess.. for me... we would be in my room with delivered Cheeseburger and Fries from Mcdonalds... (old style, all time favorite)

No comments:

Post a Comment