koko & everything else

koko & everything else

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

List of the Good & Bad Guys of Movies

It's a rainy Thursday afternoon and while resting up from work, I browsed for movies I haven't watched. You see, I am a movie buff. I have hundreds of movies in my hard drive and all of it I watched. It's kind of my addiction, I enjoy a watching all sorts too, from thriller to comedy... well not so much action flicks unless it's really really good or I know the actors in there are good.

Speaking of actors, I came across this interesting site with a list of anything famous. I got curious coz you know, most famous actors do have great movies (or they just really really look good, even though they can't act... it's alright). I browsed their list and came across the list of famous actors of all time. 

It said... "all time" so I figured there will be a lot of actors there from the early years of the movie industry. And I was right. In fact, on top of their list was Humphrey DeForest Bogart. Humphrey what? 

SOURCE: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-fu3bJWMayK4/Tkqb
q8DYLlI/AAAAAAAAAUo/0_GRF61qpac/s1600/hump
hrey-bogart3.jpg

I'll be honest. I don't have a clue who the guy was but according to the site, he was considered by the American Film Institute as the "greatest male star of the American Film Industry". And I still don't have a clue who he is. Then his filmography includes The Petrified Forest, Casablanca, High Sierra, The African Queen, To Have and Have Not, The Big Sleep and Dark Passage, among others. And yep, I still don't have a clue. 

SOURCE: http://facileblog.it/files/9/files/2011/06/
Leonardo_DiCaprio.jpg

Then the second spot went to Leonardo DiCaprio. Now, that's someone I know. For some reason, this guy is incredibly famous. I know he got the good looks and he is also incredibly talented but I don't know, I think he shouldn't be as celebrated as he is. There are plenty of other great actors out there but the way they treat Leo is just different and it all started with Titanic. The huge ship really made him BIG. 

Other guys on the list was Amitabh Harvansh Bachan (he's a famous Indian actor), Marlon Brando Jr., Charles Spencer Chaplain (Charlie Chaplain, don't tell me you don't know him), Eldred Gregory Peck (I have no clue who he is, but he's good looking), Peter O'Toole (kinda familiar... maybe it's his eyes), Daniel Radcliffe (Who doesn't know Harry Potter), Harrison Ford (the handsome Indiana Jones) and George Olson Welles (sorry, really don't know him). 

These actors are the lead stars that made producers filthy rich. I am not sure if they are as good as they are famous, but who cares? The fan base are huge and their films sell. 

But aside from the lead stars, anybody here loves the bad guys like me? I can't help it, the villains really gets my attention and most of them are superb actors. So I browsed for famous movie villains and the list looked like something I expected. 

SOURCE: http://images.wikia.com/avp/images/d/d6/
956-067terminator-2-posters.jpg

On top of the list was lead star villain, The Terminator. Yes, Arnold Schwarzenegger (whew! his last name was so hard to spell) himself! The movie was pretty popular and back when I was still a kid, I tagged Arnold as the Terminator, thinking he was nothing but that. 

SOURCE: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/95/Heyes.jpg

Next on the list was Hannibal Lecter (Anthony Hopkins) of Silence of the Lambs. This is one of my all time favorite movies and of course, I love Hannibal. He is the creepiest villain there is. And I have watched plenty of screwed up movies but I think Hannibal is the king of all creeps. He makes Jigsaw nothing but a little boy playing with fire. He is the ultimate villain, and an intelligent one too. Who isn't scared of a cannibal anyway?

Others on the list was Dracula (Christopher Lee) of Dracula, Lord Voldemort (Ralph Fiennes) Harry Potter, Cruella De Vil (Betty Lou Gerson) of 101 Dalmatians, Shark named Bruce of The Jaws, Colonel Miles Quaritch (Stephen Lang) of Avatar, the Birds (played by birds) of Birds (LOL!!!!!), Grendel (Crispin Glover) of Beowulf and Green Goblin (Norman Osborn) of Spiderman.

The villains may be the bad guys of the movies but the truth is, there are people like myself who watches movies because of the villains. These guys are cool and they make the movies interesting. Just imagine a movie where everyone's good and happy, that's one terrible movie, I may say!

No comments:

Post a Comment