koko & everything else

koko & everything else

Friday, June 15, 2012

Sporty Dad's Perfect Gift!



A few days left till father's day and I couldn't help but wish my dad is here. My dad is in Japan, he is based there as I am here. Although, we chose to stay apart for work reasons, I would always cherish my dad. 

Papa is the one who inspired me to get into sports. When I was a kid, he encouraged me to train for gymnastics, swimming and even tennis. As he said, sports will not only keep me fit and healthy, it will also teach me to be disciplined, patient, goal-oriented and driven. Yes, that's what sports teach us really. Ever since I could remember, my papa would always want me to play ball and even wrestling (imagine that, I am his only daughter and yet we wrestle... no wonder I grew up so unlady-like LOL). 

In college, I joined different clubs like tennis and hockey. I do swim (and boy, how I love it!) too. I also love trying out new sports, even though I wouldn't really plan on focusing on it, I want to try it and feel the thrills and excitement of the sports. So far, I have tried, frisbee, football, wakeboarding, skimboarding and so much more. All I can say is, the feeling you get after playing and the adrenaline-pumping action are worth it. Yes, it may give me aches and sores all over my body, but hey, it's part of it. The experience is priceless. 

And with every sports that I try, I always think of my dad. He's quite an athlete himself, he plays baseball, golf, swimming and all sorts. He really is a believer of sports. I will always be thankful of all those years where he inspired me, I may not be a professional athlete now (and I think I am far from it) but from him I knew the value of it. 

If your dad is like my papa, I am sure he is someone really awesome. And for the active father that he is, you should give him something that matches his drive and passion! Toby's Sports offers a wide variety of products that encourages a healthy and active lifestyle. From fitness equipment, sports apparel, accessories and footwork, Toby’s is the perfect place to find a sporty gift for your dad this Father’s day.

“We offer great gifts for dads this coming Fathers’ Day, products that will greatly encourage them to get back into shape and live a healthy lifestyle,” said Toby’s Sports president, Toby Claudio. “Personally, if my kids were to give me a gift this Father’s day, I would like to get the Shake Weight dumb bells. It’s the perfect gift for busy dads like me, since it allows me to workout even at home and without going to the gym” he added.



But if he is more of runner, don’t just settle on getting him a pair of running shoes. First of all, get him a great brand, and secondly, make sure that it comes from a store that specializes in catering to his favorite sport. He will definitely appreciate the thought and effort in buying him his gift. Get it only from RUNNR, the first world-class pure running specialty store in the metro.

In addition to offering a wide track of the best running brands from around the world, RUNNR adds a dash of science behind this activity. It offers a suite of state of the art services called FOOTWORX that provides Footprint Analysis, Video Gait Analysis, and Custom Insole Moulding. The result is a shoe that matches the exact type of foot, allowing your dad to push himself more into his passion for running.

“We envisioned RUNNR to carry everything that can satisfy even the most die-hard aficionado of the sport. Running dads who want nothing but the best will definitely find it here, and they deserve it on their special day,” said store founder Toby Claudio. 

Now that you have these new ideas, it is about time to start putting them into action. Father’s Day is just around the corner, so go now to the nearest Toby Sports outlets or RUNNR outlets and get your dad the perfect sporty gift.


Learn more about sports at www.tobys.com and on facebook.com/tobysstore, while keep up to date by following Toby’s Sports at @tobyssports on Twitter. Or check out RUNNR specialty stores are located at B3, Bonifacio High Street in Taguig, Trinoma Mall in Quezon City and Ayala Center Cebu. For inquiries, contact 651-7777 or check out www.runnr.com.ph.

No comments:

Post a Comment