koko & everything else

koko & everything else

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Useful or Useless

Source: http://www.whatwinnersdo.com/wp-
content/uploads/2007/11/spirituality4.jpg

"It is better to know useless things than to know nothing" - Tom Stoppard

As I was doing my quotation surfing, I came across this particular quote under uselessness quotes. I smiled as I was reading it because I kind of said something like this before. I am a wide reader and every now and then, I get to read a lot of information that not necessarily needed for everyday life. One time I told something about how the earth moves and shifts continuously to a friend. She just stared at me and told me that why on earth should I need to read about such things, I am no scientist. But all I said was, it may be useless now but someday... somehow I can use that information for greater good. Then time came when I was meeting up a client who was really strict and serious, I didn't know how to get his trust and humor doesn't work either. After I did my presentation, we chit-chatted for a while. That was the worst two minutes of my life because everything I said seem dumb for him, until I somehow mentioned that earthly movements. Somehow, that got his attention and we exchanged several thoughts on it. I finally got his trust and friendship and even got awarded the deal.

And that brings me to one of the usefulness quotes I read that Henry Ford said:

"Whatever you have, you must either use or lose"

That piece of information was useful for me and that's what I had then. Everything you have should be utilize or just throw it away. Do not be a clutter... use whatever you got or just forget about it. That's how life goes! You have to know how to work with the information you have. Coz its about how you lived your life and make the most of it.


"You live on earth only for a few short years which you call an incarnation, and then you leave your body as an outworn dress and go for refreshment to your true home in the spirit. 
- White Eagle



As one of the quotes on afterlife says, we are here for a very short while... So make the most out of it so in the end, as we leave our mortal life, we can say that we did utilize that seemed to be useless life and made it into a useful life.

1 comment:

  1. Hi sweety Koko...
    It’s nice to be a friend with you.
    But may give you somethings special.
    You should to try it. It’s free, friends.
    HERE

    ReplyDelete