koko & everything else

koko & everything else

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Meeting the Star for All Seasons: Governor Vi of Batangas




I admit, I am always the type pf person who get starstruck, mostly when I am surrounded with god-like creatures, oozing with beauty, confidence and all the other stuff that I seem to lack. 

But as my friend Mai and I had been discussing, it's totally a different experience when you meet someone legendary. In the local showbiz scene, I think there are two famous and legendary people that I am happy to have met, and even had a chance to take a photo with. That's Mr. Eddie Garcia and just recently, the Star for all Seasons and current governor of Batangas, Honorable Vilma Santos-Recto. 

But what makes me really impressed (therefore makes me really into them) is the fact that despite their accomplishments and status in life, both are very humble and welcoming. And you know what, I don't think Gov. Vi is just acting it out. I really think that she is purely and sincerely pleasant. 

She greeted everyone with her smile and inviting attitude. She made everyone comfortable in her presence. She joked and made everyone laugh, but most of all, she made everyone understood her message. 




Her message was to improve the current situation of children (specifically school children) who are suffering with Micronutrient deficiency (MND). Along wit FNRI-DOST (Food and Nutrition Research Institute - Department of Science and Technology and Nestle Bear Brand, they conducted a study on how drinking fortified milk drink can help solve the problem on MND; or the condition where children are deficient of zinc, vitamin C, iron, among other micronutrients. The reality of MND is actually common yet unsolved. This is in fact, one of the reasons why most children do not perform well in school, cannot absorb new knowledge and even why they get sick all the time. 

I learned all these during the Nestle Bear Brand event for the awareness of MND, where I also met Gov. Vi. I am a milk drinker ever since, and though I drink it because I have acquired the love for it, it's a first for me to learn all the other things milk can do for people; more than healthy bones and teeth. 

And thanks to Gov Vi, who was very passionate in explaining even the nitty-gritty of this reality, I was able to absorb it, understand it and I can say, I can even be an advocate of milk drinking because of this. 


No comments:

Post a Comment