koko & everything else

koko & everything else

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

WHO LET THE DOGS OUT? PET EXPRESS DOGGIE RUN 2011

Who let the dogs out? We did!

Me and Haz decided to join the Doggie Run organized by Pet Express last March 26, 2011. We registered for the 1.5KM race since I, do not have the training to run and so if my Tamtam (Pomeranian). Haz, on the other hand, had been running and jogging with Kulasa (Pug) around their village… so in a way.. They can take the longer races but still opted for the shortest (for my and tamtam’s sake hihihi).

Registration fee was Php 350.00 but I think it was worth it since it includes a racing shirt, a racing bandana for the dog, racing bibs for me and Tamtam, and a loot bag with dog foods, treats, GCs and shampoo.





We got there around quarter to 5AM, race time supposed to be at 5:30AM. But since we got there early, we had time to roam around, check out the competition (hahah as if were gonna win) and just hang out for a bit.














At around 6AM, the race started with the longest (5KM), then after a few minutes 3KM started shortly. Then the most awaited and the cutest race (coz 1.5KM was intended for toy dogs, the road was packed with cute little creatures that try to be sporty like the larger breeds).







Of course, Tamtam being the lazy little monster that she is, ran for about 5 yards and walked for another 3 yards then its rest for her! So for the rest of the race… I was carrying her, with a water bottle (as of she’s gonna dehydrate) and my bag. I tried begging her to run, acting like I was going to run with her, but NOPE. She just wanted to sit or be carried throughout the race.

But fortunately for Haz, her Kulasa was really a sport. She ran with Haz despite her being so chubby and heavy. She ran more than half of the race, walked for a quarter and then finally begged her mommy to rest for a bit. They rested for a while, then Haz decided to just carry her little baby, which was okay at least Kulasa tried her best.

By the time, I caught up with them; I was running while carrying Tamtam, Haz was also doing the same. Then we just walked the rest of the run.

Finally, we reached the end and the first thing I did was REST! It wasn’t easy carrying everything including my baby Tamtam while running.




Based on the results… Here’s our time and place! (Courtesy of Pet Express) Tamtam and I: Bib 87 and Haz and Kulasa: Bib 91



Though Tamtam didn’t exactly run, we really had fun being able to enjoy this activity together. Ever since, Haz and I wanted to run together. It was just perfect that since we are both pet lovers, we were able to bring our babies too!

I think for me, this is a nice way to promote love for our pets and animals in general. To see them with their mommies and daddies, running and having fun together, it was like these animals are really a part of the family (which for me, really is).

So until the next run, I will still bring Tamtam and maybe, bring my other dogs too! I will sure enjoy another bonding activity with my Tamtam, Haz, and her Kulasa!

By the way, I just want to congratulate my friend, James and his Brews for winning the top spot for the 1.5KM race!



And we ended the race at Starbucks! Yep, we were starving and we needed caffeine shot to last the entire day!







5 comments:

  1. Awesome storytelling, gorgeous pictures! Glad you had a blast at the Doggie Run. Hope to see you again next year. ;)

    janine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The next time na may doggie run COUNT ME IN! I can bring my baby Yankee Doodle!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous ladies and doggies! :) would have wanted to join with our 7 toy dogs! hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your doggies are TOOOOO too cute!!! wish we had doggie runs here too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Janine: yeah... hoping for another doggie run next year.... im gonna try training my pom for that... haha

    @Mai: you better bring your YANKEE... havent seen him pa... cant wait!

    @Firewoman: you should try bringing your dogs.. hehe share some pics of your babies... im sure theyre adorable too

    @sugarmouse: aaaww thats too bad... maybe you can suggest it to your local pet shops as well.. its really nice to be able to share activities with our pets once in a while :)

    ReplyDelete